National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) With the Eastern Leadership Centre & Andy Hind (ES4S)
- 2nd May 2017
- Early Years, Primary, Secondary
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) is a national qualification that provides recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a senior leader. Leadership East has successfully run this qualification since it began in 2012. Leadership East holds a license to provide the qualification now and will continue to provide it post 2016 when the National College remit changes.
Who is NPQSL for?
NPQSL is aimed at experienced team leaders with wider responsibilities traditionally associated with senior leadership roles.
It is suitable for:
- Deputy or assistant heads
- Experienced senior leaders who wish to further their knowledge and skills
- Experienced middle leaders who are ambitious for and seeking promotion to a senior leadership role
- Specialist Leader of Education (SLE)
- Senior leaders in a federation with responsibility areas across several schools
- Someone who has responsibility for supporting other schools
- Senior leaders working in schools and academies who are not qualified teachers (for example bursars, HR officers)
What is the NPQSL programme? The qualification is part of the National College's leadership curriculum, which offers more flexible development opportunities to support leaders at every stage of their career. The curriculum has five levels, with each level offering a choice of modules that can be combined to pursue a nationally recognised qualification or studied alone. Levels one to three are currently available.
NPQSL sits at level two of the leadership curriculum. It is designed to support participants in becoming highly effective senior leaders with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of the school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
To achieve the qualification, participants will need to complete two Essential modules ("Succeeding in senior leadership" and "Closing the gap") and two Elective modules chosen from a wide range of options.
Included in the cost of the programme will be:
- Online materials for the two Essential modules and two Elective modules
- One face to face day for each module
- Online discussions and support
- Peer group meetings or support sessions from your mentor
- A 360 degree diagnostic development tool with full report and workbook to support planning for your development
- Support available beyond face to face sessions to assist with assessment
- Optional professional coaching
NPQSL Cohort A (15 delegate places) - 5 day programme
- Day 1 13th Oct. '16
- Day 2 20th Jan '17
- Day 3 9th Feb. '17
- Day 4 2nd May '17
- Day 5 7th June '17
Costs for PLP member schools:
NPQSL: £1300 per person (below the NCTL recommended cost of £1400 per person)
Costs for non PLP member schools:
NPQSL: £1400 per person
Venue: Fulbridge Academy
Directions: Please at the staff car park located on Wilberforce Road and follow the footpath by the football pitch. The Lodge is the wooden building situated on the left. Please see google Maps link below
Please click on the following attached links for more information:Book Online