Understanding Autism: National Autistic Society
- 22nd Sep 2017
- William de Yaxley C of E Academy
- Behaviours for Learning, SENCO
- Teaching & Learning
This one-day course will provide a comprehensive introduction to the autism spectrum.
Emphasis is given on how our understanding of autism has evolved and how more current approaches inform our understanding and practices. Recognising and understanding the key areas of difference experienced by individuals on the autism spectrum is vital to providing effective support.
- Identifying autism - What is autism? - How our understanding of autism has evolved - history
- Sensory processing in autism
- Theories and their use
- Anxiety in autism
- The impact of autism on families
Shaping support Who should attend? This course is suitable for anyone wanting to increase their understanding of autism and strategies to support individuals. It is relevant for both those who support children or adults on the autism spectrum.
Benefits of attending:
- Gain an increased understanding of the autism spectrum and be able to identify main areas of difference
- Understand that autism affects people in different ways
- Identify differences in how people on the autism spectrum may process sensory information
- Be familiar with current thinking around the causes of autism and gain an understanding of how theories have tried to explain some of the characteristics of autism and how these have changed over the years
- Understand the effect of increased anxiety for people on the autism spectrum
- Understand the impact of autism on families
Identify ways of changing your practice and making changes to workplace to effectively support people Continued Professional Development This course is certified by the CPD certification service (the leading independent CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance detailing eligible CPD hours which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence whensubmitting CPD recording forms.
PLP delegates: £125 per person
Non PLP delegates: £200 per person
Please click on the following attached links for more information:Book Online
09:00am - 03:30pm