Greater Depth in Writing - a Chris Quigley Course
- No Forthcoming Dates
- Curriculum, Literacy
- Early Years, Primary
This exciting one day course will consider the planning, delivery and assessment of writing within the context of the Primary National Curriculum. It will provide participants with a raft of practical strategies to raise expectations, improve attainment, excite children and help them develop as mastery level writers. Develop a deep understanding of writing, essential for ‘working at greater depth’.
Discover how to:
- Identify a ‘mastery level’ writer skill set and use this to audit strengths and areas for development
- Examine in detail the process of meaningful target setting and link this to lesson objectives and effective marking
- Move from a genre led approach to a skills based one
- Explore the implications of the requirements of the Primary National Curriculum
- Consider a writing assessment system based on Chris Quigley’s B.A.D. (Basic, Advancing, Deep) materials
- Examine strategies to ensure we plan for depth of learning as well as breadth of coverage
- Explore end of year expectations and link this to structure, consistency and progression
- Consider the cross-curricular nature of the subject
Identify a range of practical strategies to inspire children to write.
Greater Depth in Writing is an update of our Raising Standards in Attainment and Writing course.
About Andy Meller
With nearly 30 years experience, Andy has held a wide variety of jobs in education including those of Head Teacher, advisor to Local Authorities, Literacy Consultant and Coach/Mentor to newly appointed Head Teachers. He now works with Chris Quigley Education as a full time Senior Consultant, supporting schools in both the UK and overseas.
“All the delegates were in agreement that Andy is a truly inspirational speaker. The content of the day was extremely useful in highlighting new areas of work and really bringing into fresh focus new ideas about outside learning. The delegates came away energised and enthusiastic and really valued the training day. The booking has been excellent. We have used Andy for a training day for all our teachers in the Trust and subsequently for this day training all our TAs in the Trust.” Lisa McGraw, The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust, Cambridgeshire
PLP Delegate: £100.00 Non- PLP Delegate:£200
Please click on the following attached links for more information: