Deaf/hearing Loss Awareness: led by Action on Hearing Loss
- 19th Jun 2018
- Behaviours for Learning, Culture & Community
- Early Years, Primary, Secondary
- Teaching & Learning, Workforce
No pre course qualifications are needed.
Develop your awareness of deafness and hearing loss
Improve your communication skills and confidence when speaking to colleagues and customers who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Identify situations in your organisation where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers.
- Identify solutions to improve accessibility
- Understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Demonstrate a range of communication techniques with people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
An experienced trainer, who is deaf or has hearing loss, will deliver the training. We will provide our trainer with a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, where necessary.
Our trainers adopt a relaxed, friendly training style, incorporating a variety of delivery methods, such as the use of PowerPoint presentations, small group sessions, one-to-one support and question and answer sessions.
All delegates receive an information pack and a certificate of attendance.
This course is CPD approved and all delegates will receive 3 CPD points for the half day course and 6 CPD points for the full day.
- Statistics on hearing loss
- Different levels of hearing loss and correct terminology
- Causes of hearing loss
- Communication tips
- Communication barriers & solutions
- What is BSL?
PLP delegates: £65 per person per session
Non PLP delegates: £85 per person per session