Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Hlta) Preparation and Assessment: Hlta Status: Wisbech Cohort
- 24th Sep 2018
- Early Years, Primary, Secondary
- Leadership, Workforce
Hosted at The Orchards C of E Primary School, Cherry Rd, Wisbech PE13 3NP
Day 1 - 24th September 2018
Day 2 - 8th November 2018
HLTA status has long been seen as a key step in progression for school support staff. Best Practice Network have delivered this training since it was first put in place and we are pleased to have helped over 9,000 support staff gain the status.
Our two day face-to-face preparation programme explains the HLTA standards and assessment process and fully details how to put together the required portfolio of evidence. Guidance is also provided on completing the required written tasks and explains the purpose and set-up of the three hour school assessment visit.
Benefits for you
- Develops confidence, self-esteem and aspiration
- Values and enhances your knowledge, expertise and skills
- Nationally recognised professional status
- Provides opportunity to extend your role and responsibilities at school
- Empowers you to develop your own area(s) of expertise
- May be beneficial to job security, continuity and progression
- Can support progression towards becoming a teacher
Benefits for your school
- The effective use of HLTAs help enable teachers to teach and learners to learn
- Provides support staff with confidence, capability and credibility to carry out advanced roles in teaching and learning
- Recognised by Ofsted as a valuable school resource when deployed effectively
- Enables schools to make use of an HLTA’s area of expertise
- Motivates staff to continually improve and support the development of others
- Research has shown that well trained and well deployed support staff do make a difference
The cost of the two day HLTA preparation programme is £290 + VAT
The cost of preparation does not include the assessment element which is fixed by HNAP at £450 per person.
Click the button below and then follow these steps:
Colleagues then click the 'More information' button and follow these steps:
- click the 'Register for HLTA' button.
- click 'Apply' for HLTA Autumn 2018
- Read the application information
- Select the 'Your training/event preferences' tab
- Choose your preferred group - which will be the HLTA, Wisbech one.
- Choose Peterborough Learning Partnership from the delivery partner drop down list
- Enter partner code PBLP