What are the benefits for member schools?
Member schools of the Peterborough Learning Partnership benefit from effective, high impact support to improve learning outcomes for pupils and the continued professional development of teachers. We achieve this through our Professional Development Programme, where our member schools receive high quality, high impact training at a highly reduced cost.
Each year we connect member schools with our partner organisations, where schools are able to benefit from discounts and free membership to their organisation.
Please see below to view the excellent benefits that are available to our members 2018-19!
Arbor Education Partners
Arbor brings all your core school data into one place, helping you to analyse your RAISEonline data, track pupil progress & replace your Management Information System.
We’ll also be sending out a discount code to PLP members which you can use when you purchase your 2017/18 reports from Arbor!
ChickenWired is the home of the wire sculpture artist William Ashley-Norman.
The artist has worked with wire for many years and as well as creating bespoke sculptures of his own, as can be seen in the gallery, ChickenWired has been created to bring the craft of sculpting with chicken wire to everyone.
Thousands of children throughout the country have taken part in school workshops, creating sculptures from templates that the artist has created.
ChickenWired is offering our members 10% discount on school workshops to be enjoyed by young people at school.
The Children’s University is a national project which recognises the achievements of young people who take part in high quality out of hours learning activities.The Children’s University will be offered to all schools in and around Peterborough.
School affiliation, taking effect from 1st April 2018 is as follows:
£250 per PLP school member per year (1.4.18 – 31.3.19)
£500 per non-PLP school member per year (1.4.18 – 31.3.19)
These charges will apply to both primary and secondary schools.
Contact Gill Hall, email@example.com or 01733864784 to find out more
Employee Assistance Programme with the Education Support Partnership
All PLP member schools receive a significant discount on their EAP for all staff.
To receive the multi-year discount schools must subscribe to PLP for the equivalent number of years.
Members signing up to EAP for 1 year can access the full suite of support for £7.50 per member of staff. (saving 48% on the non-member rate)
Members signing up to EAP for 2 years can access the full suite of support for £7.00 per member of staff. (saving 45% on the non-member rate)
Members signing up to EAP for 3 years can access the full suite of support for £6.50 per member of staff. (saving 42% on the non-member rate)
Fruit to Suit
Fruit to Suit is a national, multi-award winning social enterprise company delivering fun and engaging enterprise programs to primary and secondary schools.
Fruit to Suit is offering a £30 discount for the training programmes offered to aspiring entrepreneurs in creating a healthy tuck shop in their school. There are two programmes available: Creating A Company Challenge and Tuck Shop Manager Training.
£50 discount for PLP members on all workshops.
Positively MAD, which stands for Positively Making a Difference, are the UK’s leading provider of student, teacher and parent workshops. Having delivered in schools across the UK for the past 17 years, their presenters are able to captivate audiences of up to 150 students at a time ensuring ultimate value for money and an enriching, whole school experience.
Encouraging students to develop intrinsic motivation and resilience can sometimes seem like an uphill struggle, especially when they’ve “switched off” after finding that one method of learning doesn’t work for them.
What students don’t always realise though, is that we all learn differently and that there are so many different methods to try.
Positively MAD workshops focus on providing students with smart learning to learn strategies along with the drive, attitude and confidence to succeed.
Potential Plus UK
Potential Plus UK is an independent charity supporting children with high learning potential and their families. PLP member schools receive School membership of PPUK. PLP member schools also receive Family memberships for all of their families of more able learners.
Research clearly shows that the proactive involvement and engagement of parents and carers in their child’s education can be absolutely instrumental in improving the chances that a child has of maximising his/her potential. As a Member school you will be able to access Potential Plus UK (PPUK) for free.
Parents and careers will be able to access advice and support to give them the skills and confidence they need to support their child. PPUK will run a 6 Primary Parent workshops throughout the academic year. Member schools will have a standard school membership accessing various online classroom resources and advice sheets.
What are the benefits of School Membership?
Benefits and services include:
- School Membership Logo – By using our branding and logo on your letter headed paper, website and prospectus you are publicising your commitment to supporting your most able students and their parents
- School Certificate – Every school member receives a certificate of membership. Display this prominently in your school to show parents your commitment to provide for your most able pupils
- School Advice Sheets – Access a wide range of advice sheets on the identification of, and provision for your most able students
- Online Best Practice Sharing – Programmes and initiatives from our Good Practice Award are shared amongst all member schools
- Online Directory of Member Schools – A dedicated directory listing all our member schools with a link directly to your website
- Teacher Telephone Consultancy – Telephone appointments with one of our Education Consultants to discuss all matters relating to your most able policy and provision, or for help and support for a particular child
- SPARK, FUSE and IGNIS pupils’ e-zines emailed termly as a pdf for you to share with your learners
- Free Associate Family Membership for all of your families with an identified child at your school. This provides support to parents of your most able pupils, including monthly information and access to the parents’ members’ area of the website
- Member Rates for Children’s, Parents’ and Teachers’ Workshops – We offer:
- Eligibility for the Good Practice Award – Member schools can apply for and submit evidence for this award
Family membership benefits include:
- unlimited pre-booked telephone support (costs £36 per call for non members)
- Members’ area on our website, packed with free downloadable advice sheets
- Two-weekly mailings of Focus on Potential with activity ideas for parents and their children, interesting articles for parents and carers, activities for the children to do themselves and a round-up of news and views
- Advance, discounted booking to all the events we organise throughout the year
- Discounts on our High Learning Potential Assessment service and our other assessments
- Access to our online communities where you can network with other families
The Key for School Leaders
PLP schools receive a discount of 20% off membership of The Key for School Leaders, The Key for School Governors, & The Key CPD Toolkit – for 1 year from the date of sign-up. Find out more here: https://www.
Contact Isabelle Goodman to register your school/find out more: PLP members only: isabelle.goodman@
Peterborough Learning Partnership has negotiated a 10% discount for its members should you wish to subscribe to TheSchoolBus. Their mission is to provide authentic solutions to the problems facing school leaders. Current, compliant and comprehensive, articles, templates and model policies provide actionable advice alongside carefully crafted and compliant model documents.
You can contact James Outram, from The SchoolBus, to arrange a web demo:
07808 737 686
Or you can sign up directly on their website at https://www.theschoolbus.net/register please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code
Viscount Nelson Education Network
PLP members can access the VNEN CPD programme at member rates. Viscount Nelson Education Network CIC (VNET) is a non-profit Community Interest Company dedicated to improving life chances for children and young people across East Anglia and beyond.
VNET was established in 2017 at the request of school leaders to continue the outstanding work of Better To Best – a school-led approach to improvement which played a crucial part in raising Ofsted grades in Norfolk schools from 59% Good or better in 2013, to 89% Good or better in 2017.
Contact PLP for more information
If you are a member of the Peterborough Learning Partnership and would like to find out more about any of the above benefits? Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com
(All information subject to change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the most update information)