Mathematics in Year 6
- 10th Jan 2019
- Primary, Secondary
- Teaching & Learning, Curriculum
Course Leader: Suzie Julien
Suzie specialises in primary mathematics. She has implemented the Primary Curriculum 2014 and supported schools with: Mathematics Subject Knowledge; Deepening understanding in Mathematics; Teaching for Mastery.
She has created bespoke packages for schools and has delivered CPD and 1:1 support to Teaching Assistants, Class Teachers and Senior Leaders. Suzie was responsible for the Mathematics Network Meetings across Peterborough and delivers the Network Meetings for the Mathematics Specialist Teacher Programme.
Suzie was part of the Key Stage 1 Moderation Team and was accredited in 2017. She can conduct mock moderation for Key Stage 1 in reading, writing and mathematics.
Suzie is the Chair of Governors for a local primary school and can support Governors with various aspects of their role.
Audience: Year 6/7 Teachers
To deepen understanding of the ‘hard to teach’ areas in mathematics; To analyse Key Stage 2 reasoning papers; To explore how concrete apparatus can support understanding in Year 6 mathematics; To support transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3.
- Develop strategies for deepening understanding;
- Know key ideas for the Key Stage 2 reasoning papers;
- Use strategies to support pupils in completing the Key Stage 2 reasoning papers;
- Recognise how to develop reasoning in mathematics
These sessions will support Year 6/Y7 teachers with the ‘hard to teach’ areas of mathematics. They provide an opportunity for Year 6 and Year 7 teachers to network and share ideas on how Year 6 teachers can prepare pupils for the Year 7 curriculum. The sessions will look in detail at the reasoning papers and provide ideas on how to support children with completing the tests. There will be opportunities to explore concrete apparatus and discuss how it can be used in Year 6 and Year 7. These sessions are flexible and will provide Year 6 Teachers with opportunities to discuss target pupils and areas of mathematics that they may be finding difficult to understand.
- 18/10/2018 at 3:45pm - 5:30pm @ Welbourne Primary School
- 10/01/2019 at 3:45pm - 5:30pm @ Welbourne Primary School
- 14/03/2019 at 3:45pm - 5:30pm @ Welbourne Primary School
- 06/06/2019 at 3:45pm - 5:30pm @ Welbourne Primary School
PLP delegates: £50 per person per session
Non PLP delegates: £80 per person per session