Leading Primary Geography Led by the Geographical Association
- 28th Feb 2019
- Sacrewell Farm
- Leadership, Teaching & Learning, Curriculum
Join us to develop your understanding of geography's core skills and knowledge through a course that will help you successfully lead primary geography and raise the standard of teaching and learning of the subject in your school. You will explore how to stimulate geographical learning that is relevant, progressive and engaging. The session will also examine the geographical connections to other subject areas and whole-school dimensions such as global learning, sustainability, values and Learning Outside the Classroom.
Aims and outcomes
- By the end of the day we hope participants:
- Gain insight and understanding of a range of leadership and management tools to enable successful geography in your school
- Understand core geography knowledge and skills within the context of the national curriculum
- Consider factors that may influence how you plan your geography curriculum
- Examine a framework for assessment in geography
- Explore a range of practical ideas for teaching high-quality geography (including some cross-curricular opportunities).
The Geographical Association (GA) is the leading subject association for teachers of geography. As a registered charity our mission is to ‘further geographical knowledge and understanding through education’. The Association is a lively community of practice with over a century of innovation behind it and an unrivalled understanding of geography teaching.
PLP members: £150 per delegate
Non PLP members: £200 per delegate
Nell Seal: GA Consultant and CPD Presenter
Nell Seal is a fresh air fanatic who loves to spend time outdoors. She has worked the last 18 years in environmental and outdoor learning, including managing an outdoor centre, as a consultant to the Geographical Association and as an advisory teacher for Norfolk County Council.
Armed with a BSc, a masters in Ecology and a PGCE in Secondary Geography, she’s is not scared of a good geek out with a quadrat! Nell is now a freelance consultant specialising in facilitating CPD training in the areas of learning for sustainability, outdoor learning and primary Geography. Nell has been a PGQM moderator for 4 years.
09:00am - 03:30pm